Follow Us

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Who Needs Love?





It is easy to love those who are loveable. It is easy to love those who love you. It is easy to love those who do all the right things at the right time. On the other hand, it is hard, almost impossible to love those who do not display lovable qualities.

     God's love goes way beyond human love. The scriptures state that God loved us before we love him. His love is unconditional.  I came to appreciate the love of God through an experience I had while ministering to the homeless. 

Jon, a homeless man whom I had grown to love and care for, helped me to appreciate God's love more. He also helped me to become more sensitive to difficult people.

Jon was saved from committing suicide by the love we showed him week after week as we handed him fresh water and encouraging words. He cut his hair, got a job, and made progress. He even got a place to rent. He was very happy. There was radiance on his face.  During the week of his birthday he was very excited about celebrating it. He celebrated his birthday for a week with a bottle of wine.

Three weeks later, I saw him drinking. The radiance on his face was gone. He was cold. I felt disappointed   when I saw his condition. Before that, I would go and greet him but this time I sat in the van and had other ministry partners to go and hand him the water, and cupcake. (Little did I know that I would not see him there again). The following week his family came and took him off the streets. (This was answer to weeks of prayers.)



On my way home I felt that all my love and care for him were wasted. I started to think, was it worthwhile to minister to these people? The Hole Spirit quickly spoke to me. My job is not to save, heal or change. My job is to be a witness. A great burden was lifted. I was renewed and recharged to continue to minister to the homeless. 


The Holy Spirit reminded me of more than one occasions when I failed in my Christian walk.
I remembered how I felt loved and forgiven by God. I thank him for his care and mercy when I most needed it. He then said to me, "Jon needs your love now more than ever."


More than anyone other time I needed to have shown Jon my love and care.

Most of the time the ones who need love do not receive it because they do not display the qualities that we as human beings love to see in them. Homeless people have a great need for love. They feel abandoned and unloved by family and friends. They live in a hopeless sate of mind. Our goal is to show them love and give them hope.

10% from the sale of all books will be given to charity.
Purchase now and help us make someone happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment